20. Eat more beans. Beans are digested slowly by the body, helping to stabilize blood sugar levels. They’re also an excellent source of fiber and minerals, and can work wonders on a sluggish metabolism.
21. Expose yourself to sunlight. This will not only increase your Vitamin D levels but will help you fall asleep more easily by releasing the right hormones at the right time. Vitamin D is an important vitamin for metabolism, as well as your overall wellbeing.
22. Snack strategically. Prepare snacks ahead of time to avoid any gaps in your nutrition, and reduce the likelihood of eating something unhealthy because you’re hungry and panicky.
23. Use apple cider vinegar. Add a bit of apple cider vinegar to your water and you’ll be helping to improve your digestion and metabolize foods better. Be sure to go with organic apple cider vinegar that contains “the mother”.
24. Cleanse the body with gradual detoxing. Out with the bad, in with the good. Detoxing helps your body get rid of toxins that are getting in the way of a healthy metabolism. Release them and your body can do what it’s meant to do.
25. Eat almonds as a snack. Almonds make a great snack because they’re crunchy and satisfying, and provide minerals, protein, and fiber, all of which contribute to a better metabolism.
26. Get spicy. Getting liberal with the spices you use can have a direct effect on your metabolism. Cayenne pepper is a great spice to fall in love with, as the capsaicin it contains has been proven to speed up your metabolism.
27. Exercise in the morning. Getting the body going in the morning can mean the difference between being in fat-burning mode all day, or stuck in fat-storing mode. Work up a sweat before 10am and you’ll be set.
28. Start your day with grapefruit. Eating grapefruit is another morning habit to establish, as it’s a metabolism-boosting food that is often recommended as a weight loss aid. Just be sure not to add sugar to it, and if you want to sweeten it up use a bit of raw, organic honey.
29. Laugh it up! Laughing can actually help keep your metabolism in high gear. The more you laugh and the more heartier that laughter is, the better for your health.
30. Use honey and cinnamon. The combination of honey and cinnamon can have a surprising effect on your metabolism. It simply involves adding the two together in a sort of tea, and drinking at certain times of the day. See more about the benefits of cinnamon and honey to your metabolism.
31. Get into the juicing craze. Blending up organic fruits and vegetables into a tasty juice is a surefire way to get your metabolism going, and flood the body with the nutrients it craves daily.
32. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the biggest culprits for a compromised metabolism. Drink enough water each day and you’ll be giving your organs and the rest of your body what they need to do their job.
33. Use more ginger. Ginger has a cleansing effect on the body, and this can lead to an improved metabolism. You can grate fresh ginger onto a meal, or use powdered ginger in a smoothie or soup.
34. Consider a kelp supplement. Kelp supplements contain iodine, which is essential for proper thyroid health. Getting your thyroid in order is a major step toward realizing the full potential of your metabolism.
35. Eat grass-fed beef. Organic grass-fed beef contains far more CLA in it than grain-fed beef, which will help you burn fat. Grain-fed beef, by comparison, is going to contain antibiotics and growth hormones that are designed to fatten up the cows.
36. Get a massage. Releasing blocked energy will help your metabolism, and a massage works at doing just that. The deeper the massage, the more they’re getting to stored up negative energy. Try a deep tissue massage or rolfing for a better metabolism without much in the way of effort on your part.
37. Take an L-arginine supplement. L-arginine may be able to stimulate your metabolism into action. It’s an important amino acid that is required by the body, and will help you build lean muscle that translates to a more efficient metabolism.
38. Get an acupuncture treatment. Ask your acupuncturist to help you out with your metabolism and they’ll work on specific points that are linked to your metabolism.
You may also like: