9. Low Fat Banana Breakfast Mug Cake – A cake so healthy it could pass for breakfast, and a breakfast so delicious, it could pass for dessert. Think we’ve found a winner! This moist, sweet cake is ready in just five minutes and has plenty of healthy ingredients to get you through a busy morning.
10. Dijon Brussels Sprout Grilled Cheese – Grilled cheese sandwiches don’t have to be all fat and refined carbs – this clever version is full of antioxidant and vitamin-rich greens, with Brie cheese for something a little different. Use multi-grain whole wheat bread, and you actually have a healthy, but comforting, warm, cheesy lunch!
11. Avocado, Strawberry & Spinach Salad (With Poppy Seed Dressing) – This light, nutritious lunch is perfect for those summer months, when strawberries are in season, giving them that extra tangy, sweet flavor. With spinach, avocado, cheese, almonds, onion, strawberries, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil and poppy seeds, it will give you a huge boost of vitamins and minerals to last the day!
12. Spanish Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – Beautiful, filling and delicious – what more could you want? How about super quick and easy to prepare? We think that sounds pretty good! This hearty recipe is packed full of flavorful and nutritious ingredients, and is stunningly presented in colorful bell peppers.
13. Stuffed Avocado With Garlic Shrimp – This extremely impressive-looking meal (that could easily be served at a restaurant!) takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and gives you a great boost of healthy fatty acids, protein and vitamins.
14. Pomegranate & Pear Salad – This mason jar salad tastes as delicious as it looks, and is the perfect idea for a packed work lunch! With pear, spinach, pomegranate seeds, pecans, cheese and vinaigrette, it has the perfect amount of sweet, bitter, sour and sharp flavors for the ultimate taste bud party!
15. Tadka Topped Roasted Root Soup – This is the perfect lunch option on a cold winter’s day. People often forget that soup can be prepared in one portion, instead of a hug pot, and it makes it a lot quicker and hassle-free to prepare. This Indian-flavored recipe gives you a fantastic boost of nutritious, immune-strengthening and warming vegetables and spices.
16. Mediterranean Grain Salad – This salad is brimming with heart and gut-healthy ingredients, including bulgur wheat, tomatoes, shallots, red wine vinegar, olive oil and parsley. It is so versatile, it can be enjoyed in the winter or summer months – light enough for warm weather, and hearty enough for cold weather!
17. Red Pepper & Tomato Soup – This vibrant red soup is sweet and savory all at the same time – a hearty warm winter lunch option, or tasty summer soup. You can either make a bulk soup and freeze in portions or quarter the ingredients it calls for to make it for one. Serve with yogurt for a delicious creamy finish!
18. Healthy Burrito Bowl – Filled with nutritious beans, spices, vegetables, lean meat and yogurt, this recipe packs vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates and antioxidants into one tasty, filling, nourishing meal for one!
19. Garlic Tostones: Puerto Rican Fried Plantains – Why not get a bit creative and try something different some evening with these mouthwatering fried plantains. All you need is water, plantains, garlic, salt and oil for frying! Best served with a side salad or some beans.
20. Summer In A Bowl: Warm Veggie Quinoa Salad – The name speaks for itself – this is the perfect summer salad that is absolutely bursting with nutrient-rich seasonal ingredients. Bell pepper, cucumber, corn, cherry tomatoes, parsley, mint, verbena and chard served with quinoa, coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, cashews, orange, tahini, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
21. ‘Lighter’ Spaghetti Pea Carbonara – Carbonara is a bit of a no-go-zone to people who are afraid of fat and carbs, but this lighter version, which uses turkey bacon instead of prosciutto, and adds garlic, onion, peas and milk to the original creamy, cheesy recipe, makes it a bit healthier and more nutritious. Like traditional carbonara, egg is a significantly large feature of the dish, providing a good dose of protein.
22. Chicken Soup – Why not enjoy comforting, homely chicken soup even if you’re dining alone? There’s no need to make a huge pot of it and slave away in the kitchen all afternoon – this recipe can be made in a little pot or deep pan, for a warming, cleansing evening meal.
23. Spicy Shrimp Tacos With Garlic, Cilantro & Lime Slaw – This quick, easy and healthy taco and homemade slaw recipe is the perfect throw-together mid-week meal. Although the recipe includes enough for four servings, it’s easy to halve or quarter it if you’re dining alone. Or, simply use the leftovers as a hearty salad for lunch the next day!
24. Veggie Sushi Rolls – This rice-free version of sushi is ideal if you feel like you’ve eaten plenty of carbohydrates already that day. With nutritious veggie fillings, including avocado, alfalfa sprouts, peppers, carrots and zucchini, and wrapped in antioxidant-rich seaweed, you’ll get a good dose of plant-based vitamins and minerals.
25. Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry – With lots of Vitamin A and C, and very few carbs, this paleo-friendly stir fry is so quick and easy to make, and, when you realize how simple it is, you can use the rice substitute for any of your favorite dishes in the future when you don’t want so many carbs!
26. Bbq Chicken Cobb Salad – This salad is healthy, hearty and quick and easy to prepare, with creamy buttermilk and Greek yogurt ranch dressing to spruce it up! Made with chicken, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, corn and black beans, the salad is satisfying, nutritious and full of flavor.
27. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – These scrumptious single-serve cookies take just 10 minutes to whip up and bake, and use just two measuring spoons and a small bowl, meaning you won’t have a pile of dishes to wash up afterwards! Plus, they feature some nice, healthy ingredients in the batter, including pumpkin, cinnamon and egg.
You may also like: